World Kidney Day, Isfahan, Iran, 14th March, 2013
WKD was held at Shahid Rajaee park in the back yard of Hasht Behesht historical building in Isfahan, and three nearby cities, Najafabad, Khomeini Shahr and Shahin Shahr, Iran on March 14, 2013.
Third WKD celebration in Isfahan organized by Isfahan kidney Diseases Research Center ( IKRC) which supervised by vice chancellery for research, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences and supported by vice chancellery for treatment, Abolfazl charity, medical society Basij, Isfahan student committee on public health (IsfSCOPH) and health care professional volunteers. Considering the theme of this year “Stop Acut Kidney Injury” various activation focused on the public awareness of worldwide increase in acute kidney injury (AKI) , raise the importance of the disease in the community and improved prevention and treatment of this major kidney disease took place in this public park, including:
– Free screening of blood pressure weight and Height and distribution of Health card.
– Distribution of booklets brochures and supplement news letter for general public education.
– Public was able to talk with nephrologists to help with questions and advice
– Distribution the two questionnaires to measure the knowledges of general public about the role of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for pain management in AKI and also Knowledge, attitude and perception of Iranian community regarding kidney disease prevention.
– Encouraging visitors to register for organ Donor Register
– Also a conference in order to increase awareness of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) amongst physicians and hospital staff in Isfahan on march 12, 2013 was held.
several TV and Radio interview about this day was done. These joint social events was covered by local and national media
By Dr. Diana Taheri, Nephropathologist” coordinator of the world kidney day celebration”
And Dr. Mojgan Mortazavi Najafabadi ,Nephrologist “President of Isfahan Kidney Diseases Research Center”