The International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
The International Society of Nephrology (ISN) is a not-for-profit society dedicated to advancing the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of kidney diseases in the developing and developed world. With over 9,000 professional members in 126 countries, the ISN provides a widely connected platform for scientific exchange between healthcare professionals around the world. The Society celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2010.
Visit their website at: www.theisn.org
The International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF)
The IFKF, a not-for-profit federation founded in 1999, currently has a membership of 63 kidney foundations and patient groups in 41 countries. IFKF advocates worldwide to improve the health, well-being and quality of life of individuals with kidney disease; disseminates standards of best practice of treatment and care; assists with the establishment of kidney foundations in countries where they do not yet exist; facilitates educational programs for it members; and promotes kidney disease research.
Visit their website at: www.ifkf.org
The World Kidney Day Steering Committee
The Steering Committee for World Kidney Day 2017 is composed of nephrology and transplantation experts who live and work in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, South America and North America.
Members of the Steering Committee are:
- Philip Kam Tao Li, Co-chairman for ISN, Hong Kong
- Guillermo Garcia, Co-chairman for IFKF, Mexico
- Mohammed Benghanem Gharbi, ISN, Morocco
- Latha Kumaraswami, IFKF, India
- Elena Zakharova, ISN, Russia
- Gamal Saadi, IFKF, Egypt
- Sharon Andreoli, ISN, USA
- Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh, IFKF, USA
- Luca Segantini, ISN Project Director, Belgium
- Sophie Dupuis, IFKF Project Director, Belgium
The World Kidney Day Team
The role of the World Kidney Day project team is to recruit, engage and empower local organisers for their WKD celebrations across the world. They provide organisers with global guidance, materials and centralise best practice and ideas to give inspiration to organisations and individuals who want to be involved. Please contact us on email@example.com
- Agnese Ruggiero, WKD Campaign Manager
- Rik Bollaert, ISN, WKD Campaign Fundraiser
- Myriam Fahssis, ISN, WKD Campaign Administrator