Celebrate World Kidney Day with us and GET MOVING!
On March 10, 2016, we invite everyone to get up and get moving to celebrate their kidneys.
“Move Your Feet” for World Kidney Day is a symbolic gesture to remember that kidneys are vital organs and that they should be taken care of. It is a way to make people more conscious about their lifestyle choices and in particular about the risks, dangers and burden of kidney disease and how to prevent it.
World Kidney Day 2016 ‘Move your feet’ campaign urges everyone around the globe, from all cultures and ages, to keep fit and active. This campaign is a symbol to encourage people to maintain a minimum level of physical activity in any way they can, with their own means and frequency, regardless of their physical condition. Small steps can make a difference to keep healthy kidneys and we value every single effort.
Join World Kidney Day and Move your Feet! It’s Easy!
- Go for a walk, swim, run, go play your favourite sport, walk the dog or take the stairs – get moving!
- Take a picture of your feet in action
- Share it on your social media accounts with the hashtag #moveyourfeet4wkd
Be creative, keep active and involve your friends and family!
If you need some inspiration, here you can find some tweet ideas:
- Whenever I can, wherever I am, I get moving. #moveyourfeet4wkd
- I run* for #WorldKidneyDay I join #moveyourfeet4wkd
- I take care of my kidneys. I join #moveyourfeet4wkd #WorldKidneyDay
*replace with your favourite activity: I swim, I walk, I jump, I cycle, I do yoga, …
DANCE WITH US!
Do you feel creative and ready to dance?
Help raise awareness by showing your best moves and involve your children in the dance – this year World Kidney Day is dedicated to them!
Here is how:
- Play the song “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior
- Film yourself or your kids doing their best dance moves to the song (30 seconds max, landscape mode)
- Upload your video here
The 10 best videos will be selected by the WKD team, mixed together and released after World Kidney Day on the WKD website.
For more information, download the Move Your Feet leaflet here: MoveYourFeet_SocMed_Kit
Thank you for participating! We hope you will enjoy!